06 July 2006

Well...
I am trying again.
This is just going to be what a blog is supposed to be an online journal.
I am not going to tell anyone else about it, but if someone finds it great.
I can't promise how much I will write but you are welcome to read.
How boring of a first post can you get?!


Well about me:
I am 19-years-old. People call me many different things. I am a daughter, a sister, a friend, a student, a disciple, a lifeguard, a co-worker, a teacher, a leader, and more specifically a mix of Japanese, French, German, and add a little Irish then a dash of English and you have my nationality. I have brown eyes and curly brown hair, but is this what defines me? Are these things what I want to be remembered as? What does it mean to be me?

Does being me mean I am only what other people see or am I more than that? Am I defined by my activities? Am I a world traveler because I enjoy traveling, or am I a swimmer because I swim for exercise? Am I chef because I sometimes I cook, or am I a Biblical scholar because I study the Bible? Is this who I am? These are somethings I enjoy and do often, but I believe that i am more that my activities and titles.

I grew up in a Christian home where we went to church every Sunday of my life. I can tell you Bible stories backwards and forwards because I have heard them all my life. Growing up we had Bible story tapes, Bible story books and Bible story videos. But when I was 12, I realized that my parents God needed either to become my God and not only theirs or I needed a new religion. So I began to study the Bible on my own. I searched for a faith I could call my own. I searched for something to define me. Even though I lived in a good, accepting family and belived in a God who the Bible shows loves and accepts you just the way you are, I still struggle with discovering who I am.

So maybe to define me you need to know what I am passionate about. I am passionate about my faith. I pray and worship passionately. I am passionate about nature and keeping its beauty natural. I passionately write stories and poems. I am passionate about other countries and learning their culture and language. I pasionately enjoy watching and getting to know people. All these things are a part of me, but not the essence of my being.

What is the essence of my being? The essence of my being is who I truly am. It is what is left after all my layers as the Buddhist would say. It is the part of me that most people will never see and sometimes it is even hidden from myself.

No comments: